Joined: Jul 04, 2004
Location: Frankfurt a.M.
Boxer ist ein Frontend für DOSBox und Mac OS X und wurde aktualisiert.
Boxer is a Mac OS X front-end for the DOS emulator DOSBox.
What’s new in Boxer 1.2:
Roland MT-32 support:
Easier CD-swapping for multi-CD games:
- Emulates the Roland MT-32/CM-32L Sound Module, beloved of Sierra and Origin fans everywhere. Big kudos to the Munt project for their emulation! Emulation requires MT-32 or CM-32L ROMs, which aren’t legal to bundle with Boxer. Drag your own ROMs into Boxer’s Audio Preferences to enable the emulation.
- Displays secret game messages from the MT-32’s LCD in a spiffy bezel overlay.
- Detects if you’ve got a real MT-32 plugged in, and pipes MT-32 music to that automatically. No configuration needed: just a MIDI-to-USB cable.
- Autodetects MT-32-compatible games: just tell the game to play MT-32 music and you’re all set.
Much more reliable importing from Good Old Games:
- Adding a new CD will replace any previous one, using the same drive letter. No more shuffling drives around when you need the next disc!
- The Drives Inspector displays inactive CDs along with the currently-active one, so you can swap back and forth between CDs quickly. (You can also cycle through CDs with Cmd+Shift+left/right.)
- Extra CDs can be imported into the gamebox from the Drives panel while playing, making them always available to swap between.
A laundry-list of other improvements and bugfixes:
- Custom DOSBox emulation settings are now imported along with the game files, to ensure the game works as it should: no need to fix sound settings or mess with drive mounts.
- These settings are used to pick the right program to launch automatically, so you can get playing straight away.
- No more switching Spaces by accident! OS X’s own function key and arrow-key hotkeys are now suppressed while playing, in all OS X versions. May require a tweak to your Universal Access preferences: see Boxer’s Preferences panel for details.
- Added options to Mouse Inspector to modify/disable Boxer’s Ctrl+click and Ctrl+Opt+click mouse button shortcuts, to fix games that give these key combos their own behaviour.
- Improved game startup times.
- New look-and-feel for program panel to fit in better on Lion.
- Tweaked fullscreen scaling to reduce stretchmarks.
- Added friendly explanations when a drive could not be mounted or unmounted.
- Game import can now be cancelled while it is scanning a game folder.
- OS X 10.5: Suppressed “This game appears to be ignoring your joystick” warning when Gamepad Companion or ControllerMate are running.
- OS X 10.7: Fixed mouse disappearing ‘behind’ the Inspector panel in seamless mouse mode.
- OS X 10.7: Fixed drives disappearing from Drives panel when dragging them around.
- OS X 10.7: Fixed occasional mis-importing of CDs.
- OS X 10.7: Fixed spurious drive-added/drive-removed notifications when starting a game.
- Fixed incorrect D-pad directions on Playstation 3 controllers.
- Fixed trackpad taps not getting registered in certain games.
- Fixed crash at startup when scanning disc images that have unreadable files (affected some releases of Theme Hospital.)
- Emulation fixes for Siege, The Incredible Machine, Wizardry VII, Car & Driver, Cannon Fodder, Broken Sword, Jetfighter 2, F-14 Tomcat, Terminators 2029 and Rampage, Elite Plus, Ignition, The Pandora Directive, Mechwarrior, MDK, A.T.A.C, B-17 Flying Fortress, Dogfight, Harrier Jump Jet, Angel Devoid, Screamer, Turrican II, The Lion King, Wolfenstein 3D, Geekwad, Return of the Phantom, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Dawn Patrol and Xenon II. (phew!)
- Game import fixes for Super Tetris, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Quarantine, System Shock and Wing Commander III.
[ Frontend Downloads ]
Alderaan shot first!
[ AEP @ Twitter
][ AEP @ Facebook