Free42 ist eine freie Re-Implementierung des programmierbaren wissenschaftlichen RPN Taschenrechners HP-42S , der von 1988 bis 1995 von Hewlett-Packard hergestellt wurde und dem HP-82240 Drucker. Free42 ist eine komplette Neufassung und enthält keinen HP Code. Es werden keine ROM Abbilder benötigt um es zu verwenden. Dennoch ist es völlig kompatibel zum HP-42S.
Free42 is a complete re-implementation of the HP-42S scientific programmable RPN calculator,was made from 1988 until 1995 by Hewlett-Packard and the HP-82240 printer. Free42 was written from scratch, without using any HP code. You do not need any ROM images in order to use it, yet it is fully HP-42S compatible.
2022-05-01: release 3.0.11
* Implemented LCLV: CLV for local variables only. The regular CLV now works on
global variables only.
* RND in ALL mode now rounds like in SCI 11, instead of doing nothing.
* HEAD, when applied to a string in a numbered register, would corrupt the
string if it was 16 characters long before the call (8 characters in the
binary version). Fixed.
* Y^X accuracy improvements with integer X.
* Fixed DUPN 2 in 4STK mode. It used to duplicate X into T and Y into Z.
DUPN in NSTK mode was not affected by this bug.
* Added WIDTH and HEIGHT functions. These always return 131 and 16,
respectively; this may not seem very useful, but can be used in programs that
are meant to work in both Free42 and Plus42, to allow them to take advantage
of the larger display when running in Plus42.
* L4STK didn't pad the stack to 4 levels when used without FUNC. Fixed.
* Binary version: ROTXY and DATE+ rounded toward negative infinity instead of
rounding toward zero. Fixed.
* Windows version: comes in 64-bit and 32-bit versions now.
* Windows and GTK versions: Now support fractional display scaling.
2022-01-27: release 3.0.10
* Added →LIST, LIST→, SKIP, CPXMAT?, and TYPE? functions, and changed the name
of PRMVAR to PGMVAR. See the Free42 web site for details.
* INPUT caused incorrect printer output in NORM and TRACE modes. Fixed.
* Escape sequences for undefined characters in Copy and Paste and printer
* When the Y register contains a string or list, in RUN mode, the + key now
2021-12-29: release 3.0.9a (Windows only)
* Fixed crash when launching without state
2021-12-26: release 3.0.9
* Fixed handling of single-character strings in programs.
This was broken in the previous release.
2021-12-23: release 3.0.8
* Auto-repeat for XSTR, and ALPHA arguments in general.
* Windows, MacOS, and Linux versions: Keyboard mapping for CursorLeft to ←,
Shift-CursorLeft to <← and ↑, CursorRight to →, Shift-CursorRight to →> and
↓, and Delete to DEL, in menus.
* Android version: Fixed blurry print-out on certain devices.
[ Diverse / Misc Emulatoren ]