· RSS News-syndication Deutsch
· News-Banner (JPG)

Friends
· Emu-France
· progetto-SNAPS
· EmuBit.pl
· PDRoms

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
JezzeOffline
Titel: N64: Glide64 'Napalm WX' Release 1  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.08.2009, 13:14 Uhr
Banned Team Member

Eine neue Version des Grafik Plug-in Glide64 Napalm für Nintendo 64 Emulatoren wurde veröffentlicht. Das Plug-in ist nun auch für Linux und MacOSX verfügbar und kann beispielsweise mit Mupen64Plus verwendet werden.

A new version of Glide64 Napalm has been released. Glide64 is a graphics plugin for Nintendo 64 emulators. This plug-in is now also available for Linux and MacOSX and can be used with Mupen64Plus.

Zitat:
What´s new:

1. Glide64 (the plugin)
  • As usual, tons of fixes in many games. It´s impossible to list them all.
  • New microcode implemented: "zSort". All games and demos based on this microcode now work.
  • New user interface layout. All settings are now in one interface, including wrapper settings.
  • 3 screen shot formats: BMP, PNG, JPEG.
  • 3 screen aspect modes: 4:3, 16:9, Stretch
2. GlideHQ (the texture enhancer)
  • Bugfixes and optimizations
  • Added "Store" mode to cache all textures without modifications. Since texture cache is persistent and automatically loaded with the game, it improves plugin´s performance as N64 textures must be converted into an internal format only once.
3. Glitch64 (the glide wrapper)
  • Removed user interface
  • Removed support for old cards. Your video card MUST support shaders.
  • Removed obsolete options
  • Bugfixes and optimizations
Starting from this version, Glide64 is a multiplatform project. The "WX" suffix in the codename reflects the fact that Glide64 now supports Windows and Unix. If the Glide wrapper and texture enhancer modules were designed to be portable from the start, Glide64 itself was a pure windows application. This new version is powered by the wxWidgets library, which is used for all platform-dependent tasks, like the GUI, threading, file system etc. In theory, Glide64 now can work on all x86 platforms, supported by wxWidgets, namely MS Windows, Unix with GTK+, Unix with Motif, and MacOSX. In practice, the end-user binary release is ready only for MS Windows. Users of other OS, e.g. Linux, must build it manually from sources. This is a temporary situation, caused by lack of time and absence of non-Windows beta testers.

Windows users may download new release and enjoy!

Unix users welcome to the message board.
MacOSX users also welcome to the message board.
Here you will find how to build Glide64 for your OS. Please leave your feedback - it will help us to fix existing problems. Binary releases also will be available to download from the message board first.

In conclusion I want to thank the people, who work with me on this release:
  • Hiroshi ´KoolSmoky´ Morii. Hiroshi is not only the author of the most advanced texture enhancement module out there; he also added many improvements and optimizations to the wrapper and the plugin itself. His assistance helped me to solve heap of technical issues, which I met on the road to release.
  • Brad ´mudlord´ Miller. Being one of the most active wrapper developers, Brad performed all the work for porting the wrapper to Linux and also helped me with many Linux-specific technical issues.
  • Olivieryuyu. Olivier is the main beta tester for the last several years. He made titanic work, testing all the games again and again in search of issues and their possible solutions. Olivier is a hardcore fan of N64 emulation, and his enthusiasm constantly pushes me forward.
  • Wes ´Legend´ McDaniel. Wes plays the role of quality assurance manager. He feels very well, how the user interface should look and work and which features must be implemented for comfortable use of the plugin. If you will find this version more convenient in use, this is thanks to Wes. If not - blame me for not listen all his advices Smile

Related links:
[ N64 Emus ][ N64 Infos ][ N64 Plug-Ins ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen ICQ-Nummer 
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Predator82Offline
Titel: N64: Glide64  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.08.2009, 15:30 Uhr
Retromeister

world driver champoinship geht damit auch nicht Sad *flenn*

Was zum Teufel bist du?

My Hi-Res-Packs @ AEP / My Hi-Res-Packs @ Emu Talk / Maus-Steuerung mit Autohotkey @ AEP

30.11.13 R.I.P Paul Walker 

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen ICQ-Nummer 
Falcone
Titel: N64: Glide64  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.08.2009, 19:03 Uhr
Ex-Member

Mal ne Frage: was ist an Glide so supi das es dafúr ein GFX-Plugin gibt? Die Karten die noch die API (direkt) verwenden sind fúr Emulation ja nicht grad der Bringer.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
MasterPhWOffline
Titel: N64: Glide64  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.08.2009, 19:07 Uhr
News Scout

Naja, die Nintendo 64 verbauten Grafikchips waren einer Vodoo Karte sehr ähnlich, daher hat sich damals das Glide API angeboten. Naja, heutzutage ist das natürlich nicht mehr up-2-date, ABER ein OGL Wrapper ist ja jetzt seit einigen Versionen dabei, daher ist das nicht unbedingt ein Problem...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 
AEP Emulation Page 1998 - 2024