· RSS News-syndication Deutsch
· News-Banner (JPG)

Friends
· Emu-France
· progetto-SNAPS
· EmuBit.pl
· PDRoms

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
retroKOffline
Titel: SNES: bsnes v0.019wip9  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.01.2007, 10:39 Uhr
Site Admin

byuu hat eine WIP Version seines SNES Emulators bsnes veröffentlicht.
Download und Ankündigung hier: bsnes v0.019wip9 im ZSNES Forum.
Danke an Emulation4Ever für die News.
Download hier: bsnes v0.019wip9

byuu has released a new WIP version of his SNES emulator bsnes.
Download and announcement here: bsnes v0.019wip9 in the ZSNES forums.
Thanks to Emulation4Ever for the news.
Download here: bsnes v0.019wip9

Zitat:
Alright, I´m in a semi-good mood.

This one uses the old win32 interface, and adds a new feature I´d like people with sound troubles to try out. The config file now contains "audio.latency". Don´t mess with "audio.frequency", it won´t do you any good and gets overridden by the speed regulation settings for now.

The audio.latency is a precise measurement of the millisecond delay between sound being output by a real SNES and hearing that same sound in bsnes. It takes into account the current playback frequency, as well as the three-ring buffering system used by bsnes´ audio system.
Formula: sample_latency = CURRENT_playback_frequency / 1000 * config_file_latency * 3 (so 32khz + 75ms latency means each ring buffer is 800 samples long). The new formula should make latency sound better (it´s consistent now) on fast / slow emulation speed throttling settings as well.
I also cut out the fourth ring, since it was redundant. This should make bsnes appear ~25% more responsive to sound with the same buffer latency. As a result, I increased the latency to 75ms (it was at ~45 before).
I´d like to know what the lowest good value is that works on 95% of sound cards, so I can use that. I´ll let people with cheap sound cards increase their latency setting manually (eventually it will be an option in the GUI).

NOTE: this version does nothing for triple buffering/vsync/whatever. You must disable triple buffering to try out the latency settings. This version is strictly to test audio playback support.

I also added in my audio point resampler. Good god, it sounds terrible. Regardless of the latency setting (either really high or really low), the pitch difference between each audio ring is extremely noticeable. The code is there now in src/ui/audio/dsound.cpp : AudioDS::run_videosync(), if anyone would like to take a look. I´ll hold my breath ;)

-----

Comparisons against ZSNES at this point are rather silly. Aside from much more flexible timings, it probably has a nice audio resampler, which I don´t. If I faked CPU/SMP clock timings, I could get the SNES spitting out 60 frames a second and 32khz audio a second. I´m not going to do that, so I have to figure out how to resample the two. All of my attempts at resampling video and audio have both failed miserably to date. I really only need one of those to work to get smooth video+audio, but both would be nice so the user can decide what´s more important to them.

I don´t care to add 2xSaI. I´m planning on redoing the filter stuff soon to support 32-bit output for Xv, so if someone wants to add 2xSaI support to bsnes after that, I´ll add it in. Otherwise, HQ2x is superior and Scale2x looks about the same, yet is way faster.

Regarding the IPS thing, exactly. As I said, IPS is a bad format. You can´t tell if you need to patch against a headered or unheadered ROM unless you read the documentation that fuckheads like Cowering remove in their ROM sets ("at least it´s already prepatched"), or try patching twice to see which one works. UPS will eliminate both of these problems. Readmes will be included inside the patches, and UPS will work regardless if your ROM has a header or not. It will also be reversible. It´ll be better in every regard over IPS, so I have no reason to support IPS.

Lastly, I don´t have any intention of working on fixing DeJap´s patch, regardless of where the problem is, as I have no way to run the game on my copier. Maybe when and if the last two serious bugs (Uniracers and Koushien 2) get fixed, I´ll take a look at it then.

Related links:
[ SNES Emus ][ SNES Infos ][ Nintendo Infos ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
creaothceannOffline
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.02.2007, 01:01 Uhr
Emu Author

Der Download sollte am Besten gemirrort werden, um byuu's Bandbreite zu schonen. Wink

retroKOffline
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.02.2007, 08:49 Uhr
Site Admin

[quote:3ff3652b53="creaothceann"]Der Download sollte am Besten gemirrort werden, um byuu's Bandbreite zu schonen. Wink

Danke, Du hast natürlich recht. Habe die Version jetzt bei uns hochgeladen.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen  
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 
AEP Emulation Page 1998 - 2024